I have moved my possessions more times than I remember. Oddly enough, I enjoy it. There is something challenging about handling each and every tiny object that you have collected over the years. It is also daunting and most of the time overwhelming! Yet, there is something too taking an inventory of your things. I know my husband and I are big purgers when we move...clothes that have not been worn in a year do not come along, things I don't remember certainly are given away...then there is the item that was thought long lost that emerges from the depth of the bedroom. I don't know, I just like moving.
However, I am having to admit that as my husband and I prepare for this move. I am feeling a bigger pull to be somewhere for a while. The moves I have made so far are from year to year to year. No time to settle in, no time to feel a part of the community around us. So, I look forward to this move because I hope it will be the last one for a while. I think I am ready to participate in a community without already knowing the next move out date before the fist day we arrive.
Hope others in the moving process are having fun too! If you are seeking to put down roots or happily moving from place to place, may you find joy along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment